Iglesia de San Marcos
This church was commissioned by King Alfonos X to stand on the site of an old mosque. It stands in the square and neighbourhood of the same name; one of the six parishes founded within the city walls by King Alfonso X the Wise in the 13th century, after the reconquest of the city in the year 1264, together with the churches of San Lucas, San Mateo, San Juan de los Caballeros, San Dionisio and El Salvador, now converted to Cathedral.
Its construction can be dated to the mid 14th century, gothic in style but with mudéjar elements. It underwent a complete rebuild towards the year 1480, in late gothic style. It has a single nave with flamboyant gothic vaults. The main altarpiece is impressively beautiful baroque with several oils depicting scenes from the bible.
Plaza San Marcos, s/n
(+34) 956 341 897