Santa Teresa Park
A recreational area created in 1826 by a family from Jerez related to the sherry trade. It originally consisted of a palazzo surrounded by exotic gardens and pathways covered by leafy trees. There were also several smaller buildings housing the personnel responsible for the conservation of the park. The land it stands on dates from the Pliocene period and is made up of sandy silt, clay and alluvial deposits from the Quaternary period. Both its location and shared history mean that Finca Santa Teresa has close links with the Guadalete River, whose banks are little more than a hundred meters away.
The park is home to the Lower Guadalete Visitors Centre, which organizes educational and cultural activities related to the River Guadalete.