The first railway line in Andalusia was inaugurated in 1854, one of the first in Spain, connecting Jerez and El Puerto de Santa María and later extended to Puerto Real with a length of 27 kilometers. The aim of this line was to transport casks of sherry to the sea-port in order to be shipped to the United Kingdom.
The station is a building of great architectural value and dates back to the 19th century, conceived as a neo-renaissance Andalusian palace with Mudéjar and Plateresque elements, its walls adorned with beautiful blue and white tiles
Although attributed to the architect Aníbal González, given its similarity to the Gallo Azul and the Plaza de España in Seville, there is no record of his having been commissioned.
Estación de tren de Jerez de la Frontera
Plaza Ferrocarril, s/n
(+34) 856 170 290 · 902 320 320