Convent of San Agustín
Few references exist with regard to its construction, until well into the 16th century when it was gifted to the Order of Saint Augustine.
The Augustinians settled in the extinct Hospital del Pilar. In 1642 work commenced on the new convent, spacious and with a beautiful cloister. The church was completed in 1643 and in 1810 it was plundered by the French. In 1919 the church was demolished leaving only the main cloister and that of the novices
After the Mendizábal expropriations the convent took on the military functions of an infantry barracks and, later of the Civil Guard. After its restauration the building has become a Business Centre.
Calle Puerto s/n
(+34) 956 290 607