Palacio de Campo Real
The Palacio de Campo Real, or “de Benavente”, dates back to the early 16th century and was constructed upon the site of an Islamic building. Its façade gives it a neoclassical appearance, its wine cellar declared as the oldest in Jerez. The rectangular courtyard, in line with the street, offers an ornamental set of fourteen medallions, two of them representing Don Pedro Benavente and his wife Doña Beatriz Bernalte, who commissioned the Palace in 1545.
The interior, with its neoclassical decoration, tapestries, paintings and books, takes us back to past times of luxury and refinement. It was declared a Cultural Heritage Site in 1990.
Plaza Benavente, 6