Iglesia de San Mateo
Located in the heart of the historic centre of Islamic origin, it was one of the six parishes founded Jerez de la Frontera after the reconquest in 1264. Its construction shows certain Romanesque elements although it is basically of gothic design, built in the transition period between the 14th and the 15th centuries, with later renaissance and baroque additions.
It has a nave, crossing and side chapels. The main altarpiece dates from the 18th century. The side chapel of the Baptistery and that by López Mendoza have particularly outstanding mudéjar vaults. The single nave has three sections that open onto side chapels. The double arched bell gable has quite outstanding stone work.
Plaza San Mateo, 10
(+34) 956 344 317 · (+34) 625 128 819 (grupos)